Monday, September 13, 2010

The small world of my neighborhood


Now that H is going to Kindergarten at our cute, little neighborhood school, we're getting great opportunities to get to know our neighbors.

It's sad to say we've lived here about 9 years, and there are lots of families we haven't met. It's too easy to stay in my own little world, within my own four walls. But I digress.

H was invited to play at a classmate's house, just a few doors up. Turns out, this little girl's mom once worked at The Baby Fold....as a case worker for Healthy Start!

Sidenote: If you follow my Twitter/Facebook account, I've been talking about this worthwhile program...and how I want to raise money for them. And just a warning, I plan on doing it more and more. =)

She was laid off two years ago, because of budget cuts. AND without my prompting, she asked if she could join me in volunteering for them. That, in and of itself, speaks to the character and quality of The Baby Fold's and Healthy Start's programs.

So, we're off to work in the storage closet in the next week! Excited to expand my circle of friends and even more, expand the Healthy Start's outreach!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Reading this simply makes me smile. You are awesome. And I totally understand about how easy it is to simply stay in your own little corner of the world. But it seems for both of us, things are a changing and we are being gently guided out of our corners to explore the possibilities out there.