Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Unsolicited advice...priceless, I guess

So, I have this beautiful bridesmaid dress that needs lots of alterations before July 8. I spend part of yesterday morning calling as many tailors as I could find, and here is one conversation with a lady named, Nonie:

Nonie: hello?

Me: Hi! My name is Krista and I (blah, blah,.......Any of you who know me well, know I give too much information, so I proceeded to tell her that I plan on losing a few more pounds before I want to alter the dress so it fits really well.)

Nonie: Well, you'll only lose around 5 pounds in the next month and that won't make much difference in alterations. However if you exercise along with watching your diet, it might be a little more noticeable....blah, blah, blah.....(did I accidentally call a personal trainer?)

Me: (not what I'm thinking, but I say) You're right. May I ask what you charge?

Okay, I know what you all are thinking and yes, she is probably right. BUT, if anyone likes a challenge and hates it when someone tells me I can't do something, it's me. AND, she doesn't know I gain and lose weight primarily in my midsection, right? The MOST noticeable area, in my opinion!!

And to make matters worse, she is the most affordable. Darn it.

But...am I going to prove her wrong? What do YOU think?!!?

1 comment:

The Strawberry Blonde said...

You go girl! ...Maybe "Nonie" is really the next Billy Blank!