Sunday, August 01, 2010

My thoughts in a list

1. I have had trouble finding interesting things to blog about. I love reading blogs and subscribe to lots of them, but every time I sit down to type here in my own space, I feel a bit sheepish. My life isn't all that interesting.

But I love the potential for community here. Sharing thoughts, getting responses from family, friends, strangers. There's something remarkable about social media....connecting people who wouldn't otherwise have a chance to share with one another.

So I'm going to try to return to blogging. Hoping all of you will put in your two cents. Please comment....the two of you who still read it, that is. :)

2. Staying at home has been a bit of a struggle for me. I know, this is far from a third world problem, and I keep reminding myself of the luxury of being able to stay home. It continues to be a lesson in humility...a lesson I expected to learn much more quickly than I have.

But over the last few months, I've found a couple outlets that I hope help me return more refreshed to my girls and to my God whose love & involvement in this world still baffles me.

3. I have a few goals for this virtual place:
-posting more photos of the girls for my family
-dreaming....and attempting to see if I can turn them into realities:
-documenting the journey of starting a custom cakes business. It's hard to put myself out there, afraid it may fail. But there it is. I hope writing about it will keep me motivated.
-Healthy Start....a preventative program that reaches out to young moms in my community who are struggling. I get to volunteer there and I have big dreams of helping raise money for them.

Okay. I put it out there. Now I have to do what I say I'm going to do. :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yea! I'm glad you're back.

And I totally understand the whole stay at home mom transition and how after years of working full time it can be a major adjustment. It's been 4 years for me and I don't feel like I will fully every adjust but also can't even imagine how it would feel to go back to working out of the house full time!

SugarMama Cakes is fabu! I wish we lived closer so I could sit in your kitchen and chat over a cup of coffee while you were busy creating.

Trix said...

What a wonderful suprise to see an update on your blog. I always think you have interesting things going on and I love that you are always willing to challenge yourself.

krista said...

Thanks, friends! Jen, I wish we could hang out in my kitchen too!....or I could visit you in your yoga studio.....I've always wanted to learn and reading about your love for it makes me more curious.
Thanks for the encouragement. :)