Monday, June 30, 2008

Counting my blessings

It's been a rough day, or at least it has felt that way to me. But I need some perspective, so I'm remembering a few things I'm thankful for:

1. The way my friends love Hannah. They are good to Isaac and I as well, but they are so very good to my girl. I know they love her and she loves them right back.
2. My family. I still get sad at how far we all live apart, but I love them and appreciate more and more the ways they have shaped me into the person I now am.
3. My in-laws. I couldn't ask for more love, understanding, and sacrificial support....and I definitely don't deserve it.
4. My neighbors. Quirky (aren't we all?). Very helpful. They've gotten me into my locked house, lengthened the life of our vehicles, mowed our lawn, watched our dog, the list goes on....
5. Money. It never seems as if there's enough. But I still get to stay at home. Thank you, God.
6. Isaac's job and his hard work to do it well and provide for us. That isn't mentioned enough.
7. Modern conveniences. Many things may have broken down in the last several days, but I HAVE them, and don't necessarily NEED them.
8. Twizzlers pull-n-peel. Petty, yes, but very delicious.
9. The plethora of parks in our town. Vickie came over (see #1) so I could get out for a bit by myself...and I just sat in the sun at one of our beautiful parks.
10. Puzzles-what I brought with me for #9.....I love the way it relaxes me, yet exercises my brain at the same time.
11. Our dining table and patio. Nothing spectacular, but the conversations that have taken place have been good, challenging, enlightening, entertaining, and memorable.
12. Tonight's opportunity to ask Hannah for forgiveness. I've been very impatient with her and it's not all her fault. It's a reminder of my shortcomings and need for Jesus.

No comments: